Friday, May 29, 2009

crazy day and many more to come

Today was awesome.

It started off (technically) at midnight (duh) with us (me, Oliver and Thomas) moseying over to the student pub. Sadly, they were closing at 1, and we arrived at 12:30, so we couldn't stay long, but we did get free admission.

I ended up hanging out with Oliver until 4 (when I had snacked and talked off the alcohol) and then I biked home. I slept from 4:30 until 9:00 and then got up and got ready for the day. By 1, Marsha and I were on a train to ROSKILDE. I've decided that Roskilde is one of my favorite places in the world. It's so quaint and they have this amazing Mexican restaurant. We visited the tombs of the kings and queens of Denmark, which is in a cathedral and managed to get a guy to follow us (he worked there and decided to go wherever we went). I have a ton of pictures from there. Then we went to the town hall where my parents were married. They didn't let anyone upstairs except by appointment, but I just removed the "visitors forbidden" sign and we walked upstairs. It was weird, seeing a place that has (I guess) had such an impact on my life.
Then Marsha and I were having a bathroom crisis and couldn't find the mysterious public toilet that everyone was talking about, but we came across a hotel that I think my parents might have stayed at (the lady inside said it was over 300 years old) and we asked to see the honeymoon suite. There were two bathrooms. Lucky day.
Then we went to a Mexican restaurant called [something... maybe Los] Gringo's. It was the best Latin American food I've tasted, this side of the Atlantic. The waitress was super friendly, too. Very Danish.
After that we went to Copenhagen and hung out in Christiania for a while. Then I came back to our beloved city of Malmö and went to University Island for jello night. Everyone was busy, so I hung out with Gordon for a little while and ate my ham and gouda sandwich that I made (love sliced gouda with deli cut ham and good bread - it's the only ham & cheese I'll eat). Then we were playing hearts with Natalia and Sam, but Natalia's friend arrived from Poland so Pets played for her.
Long story short, we ate jello, burned a watermelon, and played cards until 2:30 in the morning. Which brings me to now. I'm home and hour and a half earlier than last night and I have so much more to do in the morning.

First, I must pay my rent for the next week (so stupid). Then I have to see if Louise's camera is ready to be picked up. Then I'm meeting Marsha and Suvi and we're going to harbor for a swim. After that I'll try to catch a nap or something, because later I'm probably going to the student pub with University Islanders (it's their last night, so the drinks will be cheap) and then out to a club somewhere, as our last real weekend in Sweden together.
Then Saturday will be crazy with laundry, packing, and cleaning. And then flying to KRAKOW, POLAND!
I'm jealous of myself. I can't believe that my last two weeks in Sweden (and Poland) are so busy.


I'm loving every moment of it.

peace.

2 comments:

Shelley Renee said...

I'm glad that you're having such an awesome time! Have fun in Poland! :)

kmg said...

Missing you, and looking forward to seeing you soon!!!!