Thursday, March 19, 2009

spring is in the airrrrrrr

There are flowers blooming and it has been sunny (albeit windy) for three days.

This weekend we will be in the mid 40s!!!!
Sunday morning Marsha and I might try to go to church with Louise, but that's still up in the air, since the service is all in Swedish. Sunday afternoon, we're going to our teacher's house for afternoon tea, etc. I'm looking forward to it, but I don't really know what to expect. Bjorn (our teacher) told us to wear shoes that we can go for a walk through the woods in and that his daughters (the oldest is 14) are looking forward to meeting us.

Louise wins the prize for best roasted vegetables. She made some to go with a rotisserie chicken from Malmborg's and I grabbed garlic bread and coke and it was amazing! After dinner she brought out a bag of cheddar popcorn and a large chocolate with Daim. What a delicious meal! Marine, Louise, Marsha and I all had a good time chatting and feasting.

I really want to get healthy, so that when I get home I can go to the Y with my mom and feel great in a swimsuit, as I plan on frequenting the beach and pool.

Last night was an Interact organized night at the student pub. I'm still sticking to nonalcoholic beverages and discovered that the 7-up is a relatively good deal. I had a chance to speak with Swedish Karin - she's so nice! Valerie and I rode bikes back and she had a bit much to drink, so that was fun, haha. The music at the pub stunk. When you enter there is music playing that is generally alright and then in the club section there are usually DJs or bands. There was some "Ras Trent" DJ group last night. Basically it was a bunch of white guys with dreadlocks trying to play reggae music that they put a dance mix with. We left when they took a microphone and started singing.

Last night I had the weirdest dream where I told my mom that I didn't want to play music anymore since it had been too long. Eventually, I had access to a gold trimmed white baby grand and my bass guitar and then I changed my mind back and admitted that I really did want to play musical instruments. When I woke up, I was said.
And angry with the sun. Because it was bright.
I'm soooo ready for daylight savings time (which comes to the rest of the world at the end of the month). The only disadvantage is that I will be 6 hours from home instead of the current 5.

I have started planning everything that we will do when Kayla and Mere are here. There is actually more to do than I was originally thinking. Hopefully there will be nice spring weather and not too much wind.

We went to the American store this afternoon and I am still in sticker shock! Can you imagine paying $8 for a bottle of Hidden Valley ranch dressing?! They had everything from bumper stickers (which is pointless, since they are in English and no one uses bumper stickers here) to A1 steak sauce to margarita mixer to gold fish. The only Jif peanut butter they had was extra crunchy and I asked the clerk if they ever had creamy and she said that they had just sold out. Lies, I'm convinced.

I saw an '89 Volkswagen Cabriolet today and thought simultaneously of Meg and my car. I miss them both greatly.

This week has been kind of crazy with a lot of things to do. Not exactly sure what this weekend has in store, but I guess I'll find out later. One week until my final exam and children's book project is due.

That's about all, for now, I guess.

peace.

No comments: