Friday, December 26, 2008

Getting ready...

Today my iPod went from 150ish songs to over 700, plus two movies, and a couple of podcasts. My iTunes library is at just over 4000 songs, several movies, and 6 podcasts. This is good news for my trip, since I'll have hours to myself when I'm traveling. Also, this is thanks to my dad, who lent me his external hard drive for the day.

"Santa" brought a few presents that will come in handy during my adventures - from isotoners (OJ style, as my sister said) to a new laptop bookbag, to a converter plug for my laptop chord. Kayla got me a couple of sunglasses that are super cute.

Christmas was great - we got to spend time with family and the food was delicious. (I don't eat pork, so I was grateful that we had turkey, as well as the other usual Thanksgiving type foods.) I had a hard time leaving. I guess it was realizing that I really won't get to see my family for several months. I'm not the sentimental type, but we usually see the Seviks several times a year, as we live only a few hours away. However, the thought crossed my mind that I'll see them for sure at Kayla's graduation party (assuming she has one, which I think she should), so that's gravy.

Tonight I started packing. My closet is so empty looking! The only major issue I'm currently having is figuring out the voltage of my electronic hair products, as my parents also got me a voltage converter. I have yet to pack my shoes or the clothes that are in the washing machine...



My mom received a note from her aunt the other day about a second cousin of mine (mom's aunt's daughter)... here's the part that pertains to me...

"Since you wrote to say Krysta will be in Sweden I have a daughter Ann that lives in Sweden. I'm sure she would love to get a visit from Krysta, I will give you her address & email. [address/email] Ann works at a large vacation & spa resort near her home."

How baller is that?! (Great) Aunt Sis' daughter lives in Tvaaker, which is only 120 miles north of me. I'm sure there's some train that I can take for very little money to get there. That would be so great to meet a family member in Sweden! I also hope to get a chance to visit the Netherlands, as my grandfather immigrated from there as a child. This whole Sweden thing just keeps working out better and better, so if anyone else asks me "Why Sweden?" then I have another reason. Yay!

Well, I'm hungry again and need to finish doing laundry.

Peace.

3 comments:

Daniela said...

that's awesome about your second cousin :). also, the name of your blog: does it mean "adventrues in malmö?"

Jordan said...

have a safe trip! i'm praying for you. i can't wait to hear about it all! :)

Adam said...

I completely forgot about your plans until I read all this. Looks like it's going to be a great time. I'll be reading whenever I get a chance. Have you seen any Ingmar Bergman movies? I love his stuff.